The UAE continues to become the best destination for education, entertainment, investment, and life by incorporating technology to restructure its residence and entry systems. Hence, the emirate authorities regularly update their requirements to meet the high visitor demand.
Depending on the nature of the visit, there are different UAE visit visa categories. Therefore, if you plan to visit the UAE, you must understand the nature of your visit and apply for the correct travel document option.
Moreover, you should keep the required documents ready while applying for the permit. We will bring all necessary information, including new rules, requirements, charges, and other relevant information about the country’s visit, through this article.
So, stick around until the end to start the journey to the UAE.
New UAE Visa Rules
With the dawn of news, immigration authorities of the Arab Emirates introduced new rules. Here are key snippets from the updated regulations.
- The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) has approved a unified tourist card facility to boost regional tourism, allowing travel to six countries with the same document.
- The Emirate of Dubai has introduced ten entry documents with flexible durations without a sponsor.
- A job exploration document to attract young talents to the country has also been launched, where students from top universities can apply for immigration without a sponsor or host.
- The United Arab Emirates has relaunched its 90-day visit passport (it was scrapped in 2022).
- The Golden Pass is also updated to attract more people to the UAE.
All Dubai visit visa new rules make it easy for travel aspirants to get their visas easily.
UAE Tourist Visa Types
The UAE offers different travel documents depending on the nature of the visit and the purpose of the stay. Broadly speaking, there are different types of UAE tourist visas.
Here are the permit types.
- Short-term tourist permit single-entry
- Short-term tourist pass multiple entry
- Long-term tourist passport with single entry
- Long-term tourist card with multiple entry
- Transit visa single entry
- 48-hour transit permit, single entry
- Visa on arrival
- Multiple entry 5-year tourist pass
Let us now have a detailed understanding of all the above visit permission types.
Short-term Tourist Pass Single Entry
If you intend to visit the UAE once and spend the entire time there, this is the perfect visa type for you. Moreover, key elements of this type of authorization include the following.
- It is valid for 30 days from the date of entry
- It is non-extendable
- Fee is AED 250
Short-term Tourist Access Multiple Entry
The type of entry permit where you can make multiple entries during the allowed time suits individuals who are visiting the Middle East once and will travel back for fore.
- The validity period is 30 days after entry
- The fee is AED 690
Long-term Tourist Visa Single Entry
This entry-type permit is perfect if you plan to stay in the Gulf for at least 3 months.
- Upon entry, it is valid for 90 days
- Extensions are not possible
- It costs AED 600
Long-term Tourist Permit Multiple Entry
A document type perfect for executives planning to travel in and out of the AED longer should prefer this type of permit.
- Valid for 30 days after entry
- Fee: 1,740 AED
Transit Visit Single Entry
It is an ideal pass for visitors transiting the UAE and will stay between eight hours and four calendar days. Therefore, make the most of your transit by applying for this travel document.
- Valid for 4 days after entry
- There’s no extension
- AED 206 per person
48-hour Transit Visa Single Entry
If you are transiting through the UAE with a four to forty-eight-hour stay, you can enjoy the country by getting this permit. Here are the key components of this type of immigration document.
- Valid for 48 hours
- No extensions
- 37 AED Fee
Visa on Arrival
Specific individuals can get their travel documents on arrival in the UAE. The following people can avail of this type of permit. Furthermore, individuals can get their preferred travel document depending on their visit requirements by paying a fee to relevant authorities at the port.
- Individuals having a visit document issued by the USA
- Individuals having a green card issued by the USA
- Residence permit issued by the UK or EU
eVisa is available for Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries only. Therefore, you can get automatic entry through your digital passport if you belong to Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, or Oman.
Multiple Entry 5-year Tourist Visa
Tourists planning long-term travel into the country can get a 5-year visa. They can stay 90 days on each visit and extend it for 90 days. However, you must fulfill the below requirements to obtain this license.
- Bank balance of $4,000 or equivalent during the past 6 months
- Valid health insurance policy applicable in the UAE
- Proof of stay (hotel/residential)
- Airline ticket to/from the UAE
UAE Visit Visa Requirements
Individuals seeking a UAE visit document should prepare the documents below before applying. These are commonly requested documents; however, authorities can request more if required.
The following list of documents is mandatory for individuals applying for a UAE travel permit.
- Completed application form.
- A recent colored photograph with a size of 6x6cm (minimum 600×600 pixels) has a white background and a face covering 80% of the area.
- Color copy of passport indicating full name, passport number, nationality, place and date of birth, date of issue and expiry, and names of father, mother, or legal guardian.
- A passport must have an expiry of more than 6 months.
- Confirmed travel ticket into the United Arab Emirates and onwards (for transit visa).
- A copy of the resident permit (for GCC residents)
If children are accompanying you, you must provide the documents below and the mandatory documentation.
- Birth certificate in Arabic or English
- Attested translated documents
Dependents include spouses, parents above 60, and children below 18. So, if any of your dependents are traveling with you to the UAE, you must submit the below documents in addition to the mandatory documents.
- Supporting documents proving the relation
- Birth certificate (for children), marriage certificate (for wife)
How to Apply for a UAE Visit Visa
The UAE embassies do not directly issue travel documents to tourists. Therefore, you must contact any local airline, tour agency, or hotel (where you plan to stay).
So, you need to contact any of the above sources to get your visit authorization for UAE. Let us have a look at these options.
UAE Visit Visa Using Airlines
One of the best ways to get one is to apply through the airline you plan to fly with. However, you must check passport requirements from the airline, as they have different requirements. The following UAE-based airlines can initiate an application on your behalf.
You can visit their websites to gather information about the charges and documents required to apply for and process your document. Moreover, you can also call their numbers in your country to get information.
UAE Visit Visa through Agencies and Hotels
One of the best ways to get a visit is to apply through licensed travel agents and hotels. However, these agencies and hotels sell an all-in package; you must purchase a travel ticket through them.
Moreover, you can contact local agencies in your country who can arrange tourist packages by cooperating with approved agencies in the UAE. However, it is important to check the approval status of the agent before paying them. You can easily get information on the agent’s or hotel’s authenticity through your country’s embassy in UAE.
UAE Visit Visa Cost
UAE visa fees have gone up across all immigration categories. For tourist IDs, which allow visits of 30 days and 60 days, fees have increased by 100 AED (about USD 27). For example, a 1-month tourist pass now costs 370 AED, up from the previous 270 AED fee.
Note: The fee hike affects all types of permits issued through the government’s system.
After successfully obtaining your visa, you can check the status of your UAE visa online to verify its validity.
Who is eligible for a tourist visa?
A tourist is required for a person not eligible for entry on arrival or unrestricted entry into the UAE. Further, individual and group tourists worldwide can apply for a UAE visit visa through UAE-based airlines, approved agencies, and local hotels.
What will happen if I overstay in the UAE?
If you stay beyond your passport’s validity period, you must pay AED 100/day plus an AED 200 outpass fine. In case you overstay in less than 30 days, you can pay a fine at airport exits. However, if your stay is more than 30 days, you can pay only at GDRFA-D headquarters. You can go to the UAE Visa Fine Check page to know your overstay fine.
Can I extend my tourist visa?
Yes! You can easily extend your tourist passport by 30 days by applying through an online platform. However, this extension is only allowed once. The cost of the extension is approx. AED 600.
When can I apply for the UAE visa?
Generally, applying for your document as soon as possible is advised. However, a thumb rule suggests applying for one between 5 and 15 working days before your travel date.
Am I guaranteed entry into the UAE upon obtaining my permit?
No! Your entry into the UAE depends on verifying your documents at the point of entry. Therefore, always prepare your documents for inspection by relevant authorities at the entry point. They can cancel your entry if they find misappropriations in your documents.
The UAE is a tourist’s dream! The country has introduced short- and long-term UAE visit visa options to accommodate tourists. Therefore, you can avail of a 30 or 60-day document, depending on the nature of your travel. Moreover, people staying for a short while, like 8 hours, can also get transit visits.
Likewise, you can apply for a visit authorization through UAE-based airlines, approved agencies, and hotels. On the other hand, you need help to apply for a visitor pass. You will get your document in around a week, so plan your ticket accordingly.
In short, getting a visit is easy; you can plan, select your desired stay time, apply, and obtain your entry permit. However, ensure that you submit the right documents to avoid delays.