UAE residents planning to visit Saudi Arabia can easily get their entry permit through the online portal of the Arabian government. Since both countries are part of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), therefore, Arab citizens can get entry into KSA even without one.
However, this visa-free entry requires certain conditions to be fulfilled, which we will discuss in this guide. Moreover, since Arabia is next to the United Arab Emirates, travelers can easily plan their trip and enjoy staying there.
Likewise, the Kingdom has a rich history and vibrant culture. Therefore, you should pay a visit. With its commitment to digitalization, the government has launched e-visa facilities for travelers.
Let us explore all the details about the Saudi visa for UAE residents.
E-Visa for UAE Residents
The kingdom offers e-visa facilities for Emiratis and individuals from 63 other countries. Therefore, you do not need to visit the embassy or stay in line for hours to get your document. Instead, you only need to visit a dedicated website launched by the government to facilitate easy application.
Moreover, you will get a 90-day permit with multiple entries in PDF form when you apply online. Additionally, you can perform Umrah with your Electronic Travel Authorization (except when you travel during the Hajj season). Here are key highlights of the Saudi e-visa for UAE residents.
- Duration: 90 days
- Validity: 1 year
- Number of entries: Multiple
Saudi eVisa Requirements for UAE Residents
All those UAE residents fulfilling the below-mentioned requirements can apply for an e-visa facility and enjoy their stay.
- The residence document must have a minimum of 3 months validity
- The passport must have a validity of at least 6 months
- The applicant must have a minimum age of 18 years (if they are traveling with their parents)
So, ensure you fulfill all these requirements before initiating your application.
Documents Required for Saudi Visa
Ensure you have the below list of documents ready before applying for the Arabia visa. Since these are mandatory documents; there your application will only be submitted if you provide these documents.
- Passport-size photograph with a white background
- Passport copy
- UAE residence document copy page
- Information about all the countries you have traveled to during the past five years
How to Get Saudi Visa For UAE Residents
An eVisa for UAE residents is a simple task; you can easily apply for it and start your journey. Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for an Emirati residency permit.
Step 1: Visit Official Website
In continuation of its Vision 2030, the Arabian government has launched a dedicated website supporting travel enthusiasts to get their passports online. So, Emirates being on the list of countries covered by the eVisa facility, can apply on the link: visa.mofa.gov.sa
Follow the below steps to get to the facilitation page.
- Create an account or log in using your email address and password.
- Click the ‘Visit’ category on the homepage
- Select ‘Tourism’ from the dropdown menu
- Enter your nationality
- Select ‘Valid Residence in the GCC countries’ (make sure your residence card has a minimum of three months validity)
- Click ‘Show Eligible Documents’.
- Select Electronic (e-visa) option
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ option
Step 2: Provide UAE Residence Details
In this section, you must provide details confirming your UAE residence status.
- Upload your UAE residency document
- Enter your visa number
- Enter your residence expiry date
- Enter the Emirates state you reside in
Step 3: Enter Personal Details
Here you need to provide your personal information; this is basic and requires the following details.
- Type your full name (as mentioned on your passport) in Arabic
- Father Name in Arabic
- Grand Name (Optional)
- Last family Name
- Second Father Name (Optional)
- Marital Status
- KSA Home Address
Step 4: Documents Upload – Picture
Next, you need to upload your documents.
Note: One of the traveler’s biggest mistakes is related to pictures. Since pictures must meet certain criteria, they are considered a major cause of eVisa rejection.
Therefore, take extra precautions while snapping and uploading your picture. Here are key points to keep in mind before proceeding to upload your picture.
- Use a plain white background
- Photo size – 35x45mm
- Face the camera straight with a straight head
- Neutral facial expression
- No smiling; keep the mouth closed
- Avoid shadows by using proper lighting
- Dress appropriately
- Use JPEG and PNG formats
- File size should not exceed 5MB
Step 5: Documents Upload – Other
In addition to uploading your photograph, you need to upload the below-mentioned documents to move to the next step of your Saudi Arabia eVisa.
- Scan a copy of your passport
- Select passport type
- Enter your passport number
- Select the country of issuance
- Enter place of birth
- Enter passport issuance and expiry dates
Step 6: Enter Travel Details
Based on the information provided in the first step, your nationality, type of permit, duration, and validity will be auto-filled. However, you still have to provide the below mentioned information.
- Enter your expected date of arrival in kSA
- Enter the country of residence
- Select the nearest embassy – Dubai or Abu Dhabi
- Enter mode of transport (optional)
- Enter the port of entry (optional)
- Add previous travel history details
Step 7: Captcha and Save
After reviewing all the provided details, please click on the agreement button, solve the captcha, and click on the save button to save your personal information.
Step 8: Select Medical Insurance
In this step, you need to know whether you need medical insurance by answering certain questions.
- Answer the question either by selecting ‘Yes’ or ‘No’
- Select a medical insurance provider from the Kingdom (cost of each is mentioned with its name)
- Upon activation, you will get a copy insurance policy on your provided email address
- You cannot cancel the policy unless you also cancel your visa from Embassy or Consulate office
- If you enter the country before the expected date, get in touch with your insurance company to activate your policy
Step 9: Make Payment
After successfully selecting medical insurance, you will get full details of the amount you must pay for your eVisa. Further, click ‘Pay Now’ to pay for your application.
Once your payment is confirmed, you will receive a transaction number, you can use this number to track your application status. Moreover, you can visit the official website and select ‘Track Application’ and get status by entering your number.
Step 10: Receive eVisa
Generally, UAE residents receive their passports within three working days. So, wait for days and contact the embassy if you still need to get your EVP.
Moreover, you will receive it in your provided email in pdf within a few minutes. So, just print it and pack your bags.
Saudi Visa Validity Period
E-Visa provides UAE residents a 90-day stay in Saudi Arabia and is valid for 1 year with multiple entries. From the document approval date, you can stay in the country for a maximum of ninety days over one year. Likewise, you can enjoy this stay in one go or make multiple visits to complete your 90-day quota.
Saudi Visa for UAE Residents Cost
The fee for an e-visa for residents is AED 599 (all-inclusive). The costs include initial consultation, document collections, travel insurance, application typing, and embassy charges. However, individuals over 75 need to pay an additional amount for insurance.
However, for the latest pricing, always consult the country’s embassy, as these prices change occasionally. Moreover, the immigration price depends on the type of immigration document and the duration of your stay.
Approved Professions for Saudi Visa for UAE Residents
Saudi residency for UAE residents is only available to individuals in the following occupations. Therefore, check them before initiating your application.
- Medical and Health
- Teachers and Education
- Engineer and Constructions
- Accounting Professions
- HR and Admin
- Software and IT
- Aviation and Shipping
- Media and Arts
Do UAE residents have to visit the embassy to get their Saudi Arabia visa?
No! UAE residents can get their eVisa by applying it online through a website and get their documents through their email inbox. They do not need to visit the embassy.
How long does it take to process Saudi Arabia eVisa?
It generally takes 3 working days to process the Saudi visa for UAE residents. However, contact the embassy if you still need to get your travel document after three days.
Can I extend my eVisa validity beyond ninety days?
The travel document validity can be extended based on certain unforeseen emergencies like medical, unexpected delays, or other valid reasons. However, you cannot extend your Electronic Authorization validity beyond 90 days under normal conditions.
What if my eVisa application is rejected?
If your Saudi Arabia eVisa application is rejected, you will get rejection details by email. You can resubmit applications after removing objections. Moreover, you can call or visit the embassy to get an objection cleared by providing the required information about documents.
Getting a Saudi Visa for UAE residents is as simple as a walk in the park. The government has launched a dedicated website allowing citizens to get their passports from the ease of their homes by filling in and uploading documents on the website.
Moreover, this permit is valid for one year, offering a ninety-day stay with multiple entries, and you can even perform Umrah. However, this facility is not available during the Hajj season. Likewise, authorization issuance only takes three working days.
Likewise, no detailed information or list of documents is required, as online forms ask for basic requirements, like the latest photograph, passport, employment documents, and a few others.
In short, an Arabian residency permit is just around the corner, so plan your visit and get one instantly.