With Kuwait opening its borders, many people are excited to make their way to this beautiful country again. Secondly, find out if you have an official suspension before booking your tickets to Kuwait since authorities restrict people involved in legal proceedings. Hence, verifying your status beforehand is essential to avoid issues at immigration.
Fortunately, the Ministry Of Interior provides Kuwait travel ban check services to verify your status. Thus, by providing your Civil ID, you can determine whether you can trip and have an immigration hold.
In this article, you’ll learn about Kuwait’s traveling restrictions, how to check if your name is on the list, how to pay the fines, and the reasons behind them.
What is Kuwait Travel Ban?
A travel ban is a government-issued legal order that restricts specific individuals from entering or leaving the country. Also, it’s applied for various reasons, including ongoing criminal proceedings, child custody disputes, and national security. Additionally, anyone on the ban list can’t leave the country through an airport, seaport, or land border.
Kuwait Travel Ban Categories
The government uses different kinds of entry and exit restrictions to control who enters and leaves the country. Consequently, tourists should understand these restricted categories to determine if they affect their trip. The following are a few examples of Kuwaiti travel restrictions.
A complete ban prevents all visitors from entering the state, regardless of nationality or reason for visiting. Note that this kind of restriction is uncommon and is usually imposed in case of a crisis.
Government authorities may limit the entry of only certain groups, such as tourists or workers, for health or security reasons. However, citizens and officials may still enter.
Occasionally, the state will warn against visiting certain risky countries due to violence or instability. To be clear, this is only a warning and not a prohibition.
Legal or financial issues may prevent certain people from leaving the state.
Steps to Check Kuwait Travel Ban
Using the Ministry of Interior’s online inquiry service, citizens and residents can verify their tour status by entering their civil ID number. To check your travel ban, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to the MOI Website
First, go to the official MOI Travel Ban webpage for a trip warning check.
Step 2: Login or Register
Use your username and password to sign in to your account. If you are not registered, click on sign up and register first.
Step 3: Navigate to Inquiries
From the main menu, choose the Individuals category and then click on Electronic Inquiries.
Step 4: Click on Travel Ban
On the new window, scroll down and click on the Travel Ban option with an airplane sign.
Step 5: Enter Civil ID
The pop-up window will require your Civil ID number. Type your civil ID carefully and double-check it before clicking the query button.
Step 6: Check Status
The MOI public inquiry travel service will now show your ban status if present. Otherwise, it will indicate that you have no active flight limitations.
Step 7: Resolve Underlying Issue
Then, if you have a travel suspension, resolve the underlying issue, and you can happily move wherever you want in Kuwait.
How to Pay a Travel Suspension Fine in Kuwait
You can remove an immigration ban in Kuwait by paying the fine. Follow these steps:
- Go to any Ministry of Interior service center
- Pay your outstanding fine there
- The boarding freeze will be removed shortly after payment
Note: If you pay through the Justice Ministry instead, the suspension will be removed 1 day after they receive payment.
You may also Check Kuwait Civil ID Fine online.
Common Reasons for Travel Bans in Kuwait
Government authorities may impose transit restrictions on certain individuals for several reasons, including the following:
- Legal Issues – The government may prohibit citizens facing criminal charges or involved in lawsuits from traveling abroad until their cases are resolved in the courts.
- Financial Obligations – In the event of unpaid debts, fines, bills, loans, etc., individuals may be restricted from leaving the country until the debts are paid.
- Security Threats – The entry of individuals suspected of being linked to violent groups or posing a threat to the country may be restricted.
- Health Crises – Total flight restrictions have been enforced during pandemic health emergencies to control the spread of disease.
- Government Orders – Specific agencies like the police may prevent access to risky areas to protect personnel safety and security. You can get a Kuwait Police Clearance Certificate before traveling.
- Child Custody – Parents in custody battles may be temporarily disqualified from leaving the country with children.
How Long Travel Sanctions Last After Paying Fines or Loans
If you were placed on the list of traveling exclusions due to unpaid fines or loans, how long will the exclusion last after you have paid?
- Your travel cancellation will usually be cleared within four working days.
- If your ban continues after 4 days, visit the police station.
- In case you’re questioned, keep receipts to prove fines/loans were paid.
- Verify your status online a few days after paying.
- To avoid problems, do not leave until the imposition is officially lifted.
What should I do if I can’t access the MOI website?
If you cannot access the MOI website to check your ban status, try again later. Further, if the site error persists, you should contact the Ministry of Interior, as they can check your prohibition status directly.
Can Kuwait travel ban applicants obtain one-time special approval?
Yes, applicants with Kuwait immigration prohibitions may apply to the court for special one-time travel approval. Hence, when approved, obtain a court order in writing and show it to immigration officials when departing.
How do you check the country ban on the MOI website?
You can check the regulations for your home country on the Kuwait Government’s website. In the ‘Travel Advice’ section, select the country and see if any COVID-19 restrictions, visa changes, or security risks prohibit or discourage your trip.
Now, it’s crystal clear that you need to check the travel warning status before entering or leaving Kuwait. So, we’ve simplified the above process to avoid trip-related issues. In addition, MOI is an all-in-one solution for Kuwait Travel Ban Check, so you can visit the site and follow the above steps.
As a result, it is imperative that you also identify the area advisory in which you fall or try to escape from the restricted period as soon as possible.